8.10.2008

Engagement Pics

Danny came into town to get engagement pictures taken this weekend. On Friday he came to my work to meet me for lunch. When I got into the car these were waiting for me.


What a sweetheart.

He doesn't like to be showy so he didn't want to parade them through my office. It was a super hot day so I didn't want to leave them in the car to wilt. So much to his dismay I took them inside and people saw them. (And now I'm putting them on the internet for everyone to see. At least I know he'll never see them here because he NEVER looks at our blog. Or as he says my blog with his name on it.)

Our pictures were on Saturday night. We ended up doing them at Soltaire (Great Salt Lake). I am really hoping they turn out. A storm was coming so the sky was overcast which is perfect for pictures but the wind was blowing so my hair was going crazy. I hope there are some that look like we aren't standing in a hurricane.

And for those of you who read about our wonderful experience at the Great Salt Lake last time - this time was comparable. I just had to mentally block out the spiders and not think too much about all of the other gross things. And for those of you who will be receiving invitations, just be grateful that pictures don't capture smell.

We also drove into the city and took some against a really neat old brick wall and black wooden garage door. I loved that location but we couldn't take too many because of the storm and unlike other couples we couldn't reschedule because it's too hard to coordinate things with when Danny will be in town.

I want to thank our wonderful photographer Elisha. She was awesome at thinking of creative things to do and so accommodating to all of our requests.

3 comments:

Dani said...

hi Danielle! I actually just wrote another entry about how other coincidences we have.. I just started reading the Twilight series and love it! good luck to you and you're wedding! I'm jealous that you're almost there!

Dani said...

btw- I hope you don't think that I'm a creepy stalker.. I just googled our names and found your blog.. sorry!

Dani said...

got your other comment... wow you plan well! we aren't planning to get married until next summer.. I actually haven't been able to plan anything yet, with all the other stuff going on.. but maybe you're story will inspire to get my butt going!