7.23.2008

Weekend Recap

Danny came home this past weekend! My weekends are always much more entertaining when he's in town!

I picked him up from the airport Friday evening and we went to dinner at our favorite restaurant in Salt Lake, Trio (the one on 9th East). The people there pretty much know us and we always just sit down and order our "usual" - rosemary flat bread and a barbecue chicken pizza. Pure heaven.

Then Saturday we ran a bazillion errands. I convinced Danny to go with me to the Nordstrom sale which is a huge accomplishment. He hates shopping and he really hates shopping anywhere where it costs more than $10 for a shirt. But he went and actually bought a few things. Maybe there is hope.

We then met up with his parents and sister and went to Market Street for a late lunch/early dinner. I love spending time with his family. His sister is a doll and his parents are great. His dad absolutely cracks me up every time.


(I love that my eyes are half closed in this picture, it's a good look for me.)

That evening we went to the putting green at Valley View golf course. I have a feeling that with marrying Danny there'll be many more visits to golf courses in my future so I might as well learn how to do it now.


Sunday afternoon we drove around to try to find a spot to get our engagement pictures taken. I had seen pictures that were done at the Great Salt Lake that I loved so we drove out there to scout out a spot. That was a disaster. I haven't been there in years so I'd forgotten how disgusting it is. The lake is really low this year so we had to walk farther than normal to get to the shore. As we were walking, we encountered this bush with about 30 GIGANTIC spiders all over it. As I was freaking out, I walked through a spider web and it got stuck to my feet and flip flops. I seriously almost started crying because I was so grossed out. I absolutely HATE spiders. Danny had to carry me out. I'm pretty sure we won't be doing pictures there...

(This is the spider bush. Just looking at this picture makes my skin crawl.)

Since we decided not to do pictures there I had Danny take one of us. Notice how happy he looks - he loved it there almost as much as me. This is after he helped me to get spider webs off my feet. (I say "helped" but truthfully it was him getting them off while I stood on one foot closing my eyes, taking deep breaths to keep from falling over dead.) By the way, that's how you know you're marrying the right guy, anyone who will do that is a keeper.


Then we drove to Liberty Park. That was also a disaster. I do not know what is going on with that park but it looks horrible. I remember last year I went there with my photography class and it was gorgeous. This year, not so much.

Finally we tried Memory Grove. That park has potential. But I'm still on the lookout for a good spot. If anyone has any ideas of a place to get engagement pictures, please let me know. Our pictures are on August 9th so I need to find somewhere before then.

4 comments:

Mel Sims said...

Oh Danielle! I can totally picture you freaking out over the spider bush! You poor thing...I would've probably started dry heaving! YUCK!

Maybe this is cliche, but have you tried the canyon? What about you guys' rock in Millcreek? Just an idea....

Jessica said...

Danny is a great guy to pull spiderwebs off of you! Yikes! Yeah, I'm with Mel! Your rock! Or the river you crossed so bravely! :) And I'm jealous of your New York trip, it looks like you did everything fun to do there. Aaaand...I looked at the funny blog on your list and its hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Ah! Danielle! I hate spiders. I still think the great salt lake is a beautiful place to do pics, it may not be fun but just looking at the one you guys took of yourselves looks great. We need to get together soon all of us. I have to tell you what I am gonna do to myself at my new job!

Witter and Kway said...

Oh, dear! I hate spiders too! But in all honesty I most likely would have been laughing so hard watching that! I know Elisha has a lot of different ideas for you. I think you should consider the Farmington trail! There is a river there and beautiful trees with lots of potential. Call me so we can go to dinner! Anytime, I'm unemployed....