8.08.2008

I Miss You When You're Gone...That is What I Do*

A lot of people have been asking how I'm doing with Danny living in a different state.

I'll be honest. It's hard. I miss him. Lots.

We talk every single day (sometimes several times) for at least an hour. I think that has been good for us because we've been able to have some good conversations and discussions about things.

He's also been great at helping in every way possible from a distance. When I was having some major stress about some things that were going on he listened to me cry (more than once), comforted me and then took care of the problem for me by making some phone calls. What a guy. My dad said he is so happy I've found someone who can be my "fixer."

But I still wish we lived near each other. I'd love to go on evening walks together, have a Cafe Rio partner, have my Rummikub buddy, continue working on our culinary skills together (that's a whole other story but you should see some of the dinners Danny used to make), go on hikes with him, hit up Lagoon again and basically just be able to spend all of my free time with my best friend. It's hard because when he does come into town it seems we have a million wedding things to do so we don't have time to do all of the "fun" things we'd like to.

I hope I don't sound whiney. I'm fine. Really. But I love him and miss him and am so excited to get married - less than two months to go!

*When Your Gone The Cranberries

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I can't imagine how hard that must be. I remember back in the engaged days, you are just so in love and excited for the future and the idea of married and being able to spend all of your time together just makes you want to be with them that much more! I'm still excited to meet him! (Thats so funny that you linked a Cranberrys song. For some reason when I hear them I think of you, probably when we were young you were listening to them because you were cool. :) Weird I know. And beef and broccoli and Cap'n Crunch without the berries. Hahaha you probably don't even like those anymore. My brain keeps weird memories.)

Mel Sims said...

You don't sound whiney at all...in fact it's rather sweet! I can't imagine how hard it must be to be apart. Our house is almost all put together now...you can come stay anytime!! =]