She had her 2 month appointment and weighed 10 lbs 4 oz (30%) and was 21.5 inches tall (18% - looks like she's going to take after me). She also had to get her shots which was not fun for anyone. Danny took the morning off work to go with us. I'm glad he did. It was hard and both Ella and I cried. I'm not looking forward to doing that again in December! Fortunately she did really well afterward and ended up sleeping most of the rest of the day.
Ella is at a very fun age. I absolutely love that she is able to smile at us. Danny and I are constantly making fools of ourselves in an effort to get her to crack a smile. There is no shortage of singing, making weird faces, dancing etc. at our house. We have no shame.
She is still in love with the adorable baby in the mirror.
She also started to get into somewhat of a schedule. We started having her have an 8:00 bedtime which works great. She expects it and usually goes down fairly easily and it gives Danny and I some time together. Around 6 weeks she started sleeping from 8:00 to about 2:30 or 3:00 and then again to about 7:00 or 7:30. This was and has been heaven! I feel so rested only having to get up once at night! She's even surprised me a handful of times and has slept from 8:00 until 6:00!
Some other facts about our little Ella at 2 months:
- She has NEVER, not once spit up since she was born.
- She is not at all interested in a binky.
- She is extremely alert and loves to look around and be in the middle of the action. This makes taking naps a challenge and she fights going to sleep.
- She really enjoys getting her diaper changed and will smile and talk to you while you do so.
2 comments:
Oh my goodness, Danielle! She just melts my heart!
I really cannot believe she has never spit up! Never ever? That is amazing! Your dad is right, she is the best baby in the history of ever!!
I can't believe how fast she is growing up time is flying by. She is so cute!! It is so true how kids change how you think about everything. My kids are my world and I wouldn't change anything. I hate the shots too :( I always cried when my kids got theirs.. Lucky you that she is so good at sleeping long at nights.. Rylee didn't sleep threw the night tell about 7 months ago yeah she is 2 lol.. It was hard but I enjoyed the one on one time we got during that time even though I was dead tired..
Post a Comment