
We blessed our little Ella on October 10th (10/10/10). It was such a wonderful day. The weather was perfect and we had
tons of family and friends there to support us. I was a little worried about how she'd do since our sacrament meeting is right during nap time but she did fabulous. She didn't make a peep during the blessing and she was super smiley afterward as everyone was passing her around. Danny gave her an amazing blessing. I jotted down a few of the things he mentioned for her baby book and to share with her when she gets a little older. She's definitely a special and well loved little girl.
She wore the same dress that I was blessed in 26 years ago and I think it looked adorable on her. The blanket was a special gift from my parents, it is handmade and they purchased it from some locals while they were in Bethlehem for us to use when we bless our babies.
Of course had fabulous food at our house afterward and the best part - I didn't have to make a single thing! Thanks to the contributions of our moms and aunts we had a wonderful spread of delicious food.

We were very lucky that the weather turned out to be nice that day because there was no way everyone who came would have been able to fit in our house. Even with people sitting on the back patio, it was packed.
Unfortunately, I waited to take pictures of Ella until the end of the day after everyone had left so she was a little over the whole thing and ready for a nap so she's not super happy in the pictures. But, of course she still looks cute...at least I think so.

"Seriously Mom, get that camera out of my face."

It was a great day. I still feel like I'm living in a dream. I can't believe I have a little baby of my own. Growing up when I'd be at a blessing and the mom would get up to give her testimony I'd always imagine what I'd say or how I'd feel when I'd bless my own and now I've experienced it. It's a wonderful feeling. I feel very blessed to have little Ella in our lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment