8.05.2010

the nursery reveal

As promised, here are pictures of the nursery.

My wonderful husband painted the walls a lovely shade of blue gray. He was skeptical about painting our baby girl's room blue at first but we both love how it turned out. It's a very calming color.

Danny and my dad hung the chandelier and Danny installed a dimmer switch to control it. I think I'll really appreciate not having blinding, bright lights in the middle of night.

I had a hard time finding bedding that I liked so I went to the fabric store and fell in the love with this print. My talented mom made the bumper and I made the skirt and throw pillow.

The wall above the crib is waiting for her name. I have the letters in red to spell out our top three names. Once we've decided we'll get them hung.
The frames are ready for pictures of our little one. There are also empty frames on the bookshelf for our soon to be taken family pictures.


Here are some close ups of some of the details in the room.

I made these balls out of fabric and chinese lanterns. I really like how they look but they took forever to make. A much bigger project than I bargained for.
The cute knobs on the dresser. I replaced the ones that came with it with letters A through G.
So there you have it. It's definitely not perfect, but we're happy with it. I can't wait to welcome our little one to her room.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute!!! I love it!

Tiffany and Justin said...

SOOO dang cute! You are talented! Can't wait to see the little one, she is going to be so beautiful I just know it!

Jessica said...

Oh my gosh, Danielle! I love love love it! It is soooo cute! What a lucky little girl!

Jason and Ashley said...

The nursery looks amazing! You and Danny have done such a wonderful job! We're so excited to see your beautiful little girl!

Ashley and Chris said...

that baby needs to get here!!!