8.02.2010

I'm Back!

It has obviously been awhile since my last post. I think I'll play the pregnancy card to explain my absence. I feel like Danny and I have been going a million miles an hour getting ready for our little girl to come into our family and unfortunately, blogging fell to the bottom of my list.

I'm kicking myself now though because I wish I would have been better at documenting my pregnancy. I have started a scrapbook so that makes me feel a little bit better but I'm going to put together a weak attempt at a catch up post so that when the little miss finally decides to make an appearance I will be able to start fresh from there.

So in quick bullet point fashion the last few months we:
  • Went on a babymoon/work trip with Danny's company to Cancun, Mexico back in April. It was a blast but I didn't take many pictures because I wasn't a fan of the whole pregnant in a swimming suit look. Now that I have probably doubled in size, I'm realizing I probably didn't look that bad (but definitely not cute like all of the other girls laying by the pool, oh well, everyone needs to be humbled now and then, right?). It was a unique trip because my pregnancy forced us to slow down and have a laid back vacation instead of our typical activity packed ones. It was nice but I'm looking forward to future trips of actually being allowed to do things. Zip lines, here we come!
  • Finished our little one's nursery. I am in love with how it turned out and will posting all of the details and pictures this week.
  • Finished our landscaping. This is more Danny than me because in case I haven't mentioned it enough, I'm pregnant. I did try to help where possible but my studly husband with the help of his fabulous family did most of the work. I think it looks great and am very excited to enjoy spending time playing in the backyard with our baby girl.
  • Have enjoyed several fun family bbq's, holidays, the annual Kaysville parade and all other things summer. I love summer time.
  • Have had several baby showers and have loaded up on all things baby girl. I am so grateful to everyone who put forth so much effort to put together fun parties to celebrate our upcoming arrival and to everyone who came to support us. Our little family feels well loved. I'll post pictures from the showers later this week as well. The decorations and efforts that went into them are far too fabulous not to have a post of their own.
  • Continued to watch our little miss grow and develop. It's such an amazing experience to have a baby growing inside and even though she often makes me hot, tired and uncomfortable, I am grateful to be a part of this miracle and wouldn't trade it for the world.
I think that about sums up the last little bit. I'm sure I'm leaving some things out but whatever. Now we're onto the final countdown...just 8 days until my due date so baby girl can come anytime now. I'm full of emotions: nervous, excited, anxious...you name it. I can't believe Danny and I are going to be someone's parents in about a week!

1 comment:

Krista and Aaron said...

I can't wait for your little one to come! You will love being a mommy and I'm sure you will be great at parenting. Good luck!