
(We took pictures of our trip, but I look like I ate the Marshmallow Man in all of them so I am going to avoid posting them.)
This year for my birthday (way back in April) Danny surprised me with a trip to Las Vegas to go see the Broadway production of The Lion King! I was so excited because I love going to shows and was bummed to hear that Lion King was going to be in Utah in August - and we're pretty much booked that month.
When I got home from work on Thursday, Danny was in our bedroom packing overnight bags. He had intended to just pack mine and then surprise me in the morning - but he got stuck on the shoes. He did a pretty good job with everything else, but I'm a chronic over-packer and I like to have my stuff so I was happy to pick up where he left off.
He then let me know that we were (surprise!) spending the weekend in Vegas! He had already made arrangements with my boss for me to miss work on Friday and had taken care of everything around our house so it was fun to just pick up and go.
We spent our time in Vegas lounging by the awesome pool at our hotel, MGM Grand, shopping, and eating. I loved spending time just relaxing and hanging out with Danny. It seems like life always gets so crazy busy so it was fun to sit back and relax. We even enjoyed the car ride and had fun talking about life and our upcoming addition.
The show was amazing. Danny scored us awesome seats near the front and it was incredible to see the costumes up close.
It was a great birthday and nice celebration of my last birthday before becoming a Mom!
2 comments:
Wow, kudos to Danny! Well done!
Yo, hello! We WANT to see you!!! I'm dying to be there and feel your (I'm sure tiny) belly! I'm so excited for your family right now...lots going on!
Post a Comment