1.22.2010

I've Been Busy

I have a good excuse for my lack of blogging lately...

I've been busy growing this:
It's a lot of work creating organs and limbs!

This ultrasound was actually taken about 2 weeks ago so I'm just about 12 weeks along, due August 10th. Danny and I couldn't be more excited! As soon as the double lines appeared I couldn't stop laughing and smiling. We had both sort of sensed that I might be pregnant before I actually took the test so the night we found out Danny was prepared with this adorable gift.
We announced to both of our families on Christmas by giving our moms the "Grandma" Willow Tree figurine (are you seeing a theme? I love those things!) since this will be the first grandbaby on both sides. Seeing everyone's reactions was by far the best part of Christmas. Everyone is thrilled!

Unfortunately pregnancy and I don't get along very well. I've been sick and tired pretty much nonstop since about 6 weeks. You know it's bad when you have a designated bathroom at your house that is to be used for the sole purpose of throwing up. Not fun but everyone keeps reassuring me that it's all worth it. And now that we've been able to see the little bean swimming around and hear its heartbeat, I couldn't agree more. Danny has been great to take care of everything around the house: cleaning, shopping, cooking, laundry, waiting on me, you name it. The thought of even approaching the garbage can, opening the fridge or standing within 2 feet of the kitchen sink send me running to the (designated) bathroom. I'm hoping that as I approach the second trimester I'll start to feel better and not be such a slug.

So now starts the countdown! August 10th can't get here soon enough!

15 comments:

Witter and Kway said...

Yay!!!! So excited, so excited!! I can't wait to see this little baby!! I agree, August can't get here soon enough! ;)

Jessica said...

Hooray!!! I'm so excited! I love that Danny got that for you, so thoughtful! You are going to be the greatest mom!

Mel Sims said...

Yay!!! More [perfectly wonderful] cousin babies!! I'm so thrilled for you guys! I bet your parents are loving this!

PS I don't care how sick you are please keep posting. Some of us need a life.

Anonymous said...

Congratz that is so exciting!!!

Jason and Ashley said...

I know I already told you this, but I'm so happy and excited for you both!! I can't wait for August to get here because I want to see the little babe. What a great husband Danny has been! I hope that you start feeling better!

Krista and Aaron said...

Im really excited for you two! Looks like our babies are about a month apart! Hopefully all of the sickness will go away in a few weeks :)

Alicia said...

CONGRATS!!!! That is so exciting! You will be the cutest mom ever!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you both! Im sorry you are sick, I was a sicky until I was about 20 weeks. I lived off of Eggos and cereal, those were the two things that didn't make me sick! But once you hold your little angel you don't care!

Ashley said...

Danielle and Danny I am so excited for you! I get way sick too when I am prego but like you said, it is all worth it. It seems like it goes by slow but that little sweetheart will be here before you know it!

Tiffany and Justin said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!! You will be the cutest parents in the universe! It makes me smile to hear Danny taking such good care of you! Thats exactly how it should be! I'm sorry about the sickness, does NOT sound fun at all! But Congrats on the baby, post a pic of your cute little belly when you can tell!

Angela and Curtis said...

Congratulations!! So, I found your blog through Alicia's. Hope you don't mind. The sickness does go away, atleast for me it did after about seven weeks of being so sick every day. I couldn't be happier for you guys.

jenn said...

Congratulations! You're going to be the cutest mom! Yay!

Anonymous said...

hey danielle! hope it doesn't freak you out that i came across your blog today. but congrats on the baby!! bradie is pregnant too and due feb. 20th. i just love finding out when people are pregnant! good luck and i hope you get over being sick soon!

Kristy and Dave said...

We are so excited for you guys! And good for Danny for being the housekeeper while you're not feeling well. August will be here before you know it.

Jeff and Ali said...

CONGRATS! So happy for you two! You will be wonderful parents! I hope you get feeling better. That's no fun at all! Good luck with the rest of all the fun things that go along with pregnancy...ha ha! Don't worry, it is VERY worth it!