2.08.2010

14 weeks!

Danny and I had our 14 weeks appointment today. Unfortunately, there was no ultrasound but we did get to hear his/her heartbeat. The little guy (or girl) was very active, flipping and moving around so it was a little difficult for the doctor to keep up with the location of the heartbeat. Looks like we have an active baby on our hands, just like his/her dad!

We go back in 2 weeks to find out the gender! I absolutely can't wait! Danny is thinking it's a boy based off of a bizarre dream he had the other night (basically our infant child had enough of us and took off walking down the street to find some milk from someone else...). My mom also thinks it is going to be a boy. I honestly have no motherly instincts and have no idea what I think it's going to be. Do you have any guesses?

In other news, I am really enjoying the 2nd trimester so far. I don't want to jinx myself, but the nausea has decreased a lot and I'm feeling more and more human each day. I actually have a trace of energy back and it feels great. I'm hoping I can enjoy the next few months and start working on preparations for our upcoming addition.

6 comments:

Jason and Ashley said...

I'm so happy that you are feeling better and I can't wait to hear what your having!

Mel Sims said...

I could not be more excited!!! =]

Ashley and Chris said...

I can't wait to know that my NIECE is doing great! i bet your excited to be able to eat normal things again though...

Randon said...

That is so exciting! I'm so glad to hear you aren't as sick anymore!

Kristy and Dave said...

Yay! We can't wait to find out what you're having. It means I get to go shopping.

I think you're having a boy too.

Mel Sims said...

Where are you gosh darn it?!?!

I must know about you and your beebee!! =] Love you and hope everything is going super well!