4.21.2009

we're still alive

Okay the whole painting thing wasn't that dramatic. It definitely didn't deserve to be the top post for over a week causing everyone to think that it's the absolute end of the world. I'll admit when I first saw it, it was right up there with life or death. But now that a little time has passed, we've decided to concentrate on getting moved in first before we do anything drastic. If I still don't like it once there's furniture in we'll get it painted.

Anyway, believe it or not we do have some more interesting stuff going on than just paint.

I celebrated my birthday a little over a week ago (April 11th). I had mixed feelings about turning 25. For some reason that just sounds so much older than 24. I'm out of my early 20's and quickly approaching 30. I'm pretty sure it's all downhill from here. (I'm sure I'll read that sentence in 5 or 10 years and want to smack myself.)

The morning of my birthday, Danny woke me bright and early (like 7:00 am on a Saturday!) singing Happy Birthday with a cake complete with many burning candles. I was still half asleep and couldn't really open my eyes because the candles were so bright. He then brought me in breakfast in bed with a sweet card that played music when I opened it. Every time I opened it he did a little jig. It was pretty funny.

He gave me some play tickets that I had mentioned I wanted and the open invitation to go to Gateway that afternoon for some much needed shopping followed by dinner - and the best part was that he was going to happily accompany me which was a huge deal since he hates shopping.

Unfortunately we had a change of plans because the weather wasn't cooperating. Instead we ran a few other errands, mainly house stuff and then went out to dinner. I postponed my Gateway trip until the following Saturday because it's so much more fun when it's sunny. We ended up going last Saturday and after going through all of the stores I only found 2 shirts! Don't you hate it when you actually have money and are wanting to buy something and you can't find anything? That always happens to me. We then had dinner at California Pizza Kitchen where I ordered a pear pizza (it was actually really good - you should try it).

In other news, we had the final walk through on our house this morning. Everything looks good and we're going to be closing next week, probably on the 30th and moving in on May 2nd. I can't wait!

2 comments:

Witter and Kway said...

Happy Birthday! I'm so excited for you guys to move into your new house!!

anneandryan said...

Happy Birthday! I still owe you another phone call. It sounds like you had a fun day. I can't wait to see you when I come out and meet your hubby finally! I'm also excited to see your house. It looks really cute in the pictures.