The other night Danny and I made our traditional stop by the house on the way home. The past few days not much as been happening so we weren't expecting any huge changes. When we stepped inside we saw that they'd carpeted.
And my stomach dropped.
I love the color of the carpet. I love the color of the walls. But together? Not so much. I stood there trying to 1) not throw up and 2) not burst into tears.
Remember how when they painted we had the discussion of warmer and cooler with the wall color? And remember how I was like "oh I wish they were a little cooler" - well I'm taking that back now. The walls are way too cool for the carpet. The wall color is making the carpet look too gold and the carpet color is making the walls look like they have mauve. It's not a pretty sight.
Yesterday while at work I couldn't stop thinking about it so I took the company car (since Danny and I had driven together) and drove home to see it again. I had my mom meet me there to see what she thought. At first she was thinking that once I get furniture in there it'd be okay but the more she looked at it the more she agreed with me. We had to repaint the entire house.
When I told Danny what I wanted to do he was not excited but since I have the Best. Husband. Ever. he agreed to do it since it was obvious I wasn't going to be happy with how it was. I was beating myself up about it yesterday because I'm the one who chose the colors while Danny was in Denver and I'm the one who wanted to spend the extra money on three tone paint that we are now going to just be painting over anyway. It makes me sick to even think about.
We called around and since there's no prep work needed and we don't need to paint the baseboard or the ceiling it won't cost as much as I was thinking. For the areas we need to do it'll most likely be under $1000 which was a huge relief. I'm just going to leave the rooms that don't have carpet alone since the color looks good with the tile. We're also not going to paint the front bedrooms because we'll likely be painting those a color anyway when we turn them into nurseries and such.
I should post pictures of the colors but I don't even want to. I told Danny I don't even really want people to see our house until it's fixed because I feel like it looks so horrible.
5 comments:
Hey Danielle, this is Madison (Ferrin). I saw your comment on Erin's blog and wondered if it was the Danielle I was thinking of and sure enough-it's you! I have a blog but it's private so email me your email address (madison.grunig@gmail.com) and I'll send you an invite if you'd like. I love your photography work! And sorry about your painting drama. Hope it gets fixed easily enough.
NO!! Oh man I feel your pain. I went through so much stress trying to get my colors right!! And even if no one else knows, you still have to live in it and it just drives you crazy!! (Obviously speaking from experience here....)
Just think of the $$ as an investment into the house...like a deck, or countertops, etc. You'll get it back someday, right? =] good luck!!
Ah man! That is the worst. The little things... oh yes, they matter!
Bummer! I don't blame you for being upset. And way to go Danny for not being upset about having to repaint. Dave would shoot me. :) I'm sure it will look great once it's all done, and totally worth the hassle of getting it fixed. I can't wait to see it in real life!
I'm sorry you don't like your paint color! That sucks! I hope that it all works out. We need to come and see your place. I'm excited for it to be done!
Post a Comment