FYI, The Phantom and The Phantom of the Opera are two completely different shows. Maybe everyone out there is a lot smarter than I am, but this was a surprise to me.
On Friday night Danny and I had tickets to see The Phantom. I went and saw the Broadway production a few years ago when it was at Capitol Theater and was stoked to see it again. All day long I had the music playing in my head...Angel of Music...Think of Me... Masquerade... you get the idea.
After work Danny and I went to our favorite restaurant, Cafe Trio in Salt Lake City. Then excitedly went to see the show. The first song of the show I didn't recognize but I just figured that it was one of the more obscure songs that I didn't know. Danny leaned over and asked me when the familiar songs were going to be. I assured him they were coming and just to be patient. By the time intermission came I realized something was up. I swallowed my pride and asked another person in the theater if there were different versions of the show. Apparently there are and although the storyline was basically the same the music was definitely not.
We enjoyed the show, the performers were amazing and had incredible voices but doesn't everyone go see The Phantom (of the Opera) for the well-known music? Oh well. But now you have a fair warning so when you're getting tickets to see the show, make sure you know what version you're going to see. Fortunately the tickets were free from my work so we weren't out anything and we really did have a fun date night.
4 comments:
Good thing they were free tickets....that would drive me nuts if I had paid for the wrong thing! =]
my friends did the same thing, except they paid ha ha. they didn't like it.
Ha, ha that is funny! I would have done the exact same thing!
Hey! I found your blog through Witney's. I hope you dont mind me adding you! It is fun to see what you are up to!
Post a Comment