This year for New Year's Eve we got together with a couple of my best friends: Witney and her husband Kory and Audree and her husband Jens for dinner and games.
We went to Wingers for dinner. We were the ONLY ones in the restaurant. I felt bad for our waiter because I'm sure he was extremely anxious for us to hurry and leave so he could go out. Fortunately for him, we ate fairly quickly and left.
Afterwards we went to Witney and Kory's cute new house in Ogden. Once we were there we sat around and visited for a litte bit and then broke out the games. That's when the fun started!
We played Catch Phrase, boys against girls. Let's just say that we did not make girls look very smart! There were some serious blonde moments.
Quotes from the night:
Witney: You run in a ...
Me: CIRCLE!!
(Not quite. Marathon, maybe?)
* * *
Audree: This is a ...
Us: {Silence}
(The answer was "Joke" - she really thought we'd get it from just that!)
* * *
Witney: Another word for rare...
Us in unison: SCARCE!
Witney: No another word...
Us in unison again: SCARCITY!
* * *
While playing Scum...
Audree: "Um, I have a question. How do you tell the difference between a 6 and 9?"
* * *
Audree: This is a ...
Us: {Silence}
(The answer was "Joke" - she really thought we'd get it from just that!)
* * *
Witney: Another word for rare...
Us in unison: SCARCE!
Witney: No another word...
Us in unison again: SCARCITY!
* * *
While playing Scum...
Audree: "Um, I have a question. How do you tell the difference between a 6 and 9?"
(She'd actually been sitting there studying the card - front and back - trying to figure it out. I love you Audree!)
It was a fun night. We want to start getting together for regular game nights but I think the girls need to get together and practice a little first.
It was a fun night. We want to start getting together for regular game nights but I think the girls need to get together and practice a little first.
3 comments:
Bahahaha! Freaking HILARIOUS! I totally forgot about the "Oh my,this is a..." That night was so much fun. Still planning on Wednesday for a GNO, I can't wait.
Cuuuuute new pic! I love it.
Catch phrase is one of my all-time favs! Good times!
HA, I love it. We need to do that more often. Our poor husbands....
Post a Comment