I was thinking back today about what I was up to a year ago at this time. Witney and I were living together in an apartment in Salt Lake where we'd always stay up late and talk about life and boys. Danny and I had been dating for a couple of months but I wasn't quite ready to be "exclusive" so I was trying to figure that out. Basically I was just enjoying the single life: working, staying up late, hanging out with friends, going to Pilates, shopping, dating and shopping some more.
I also realized that it was a year ago this weekend that Witney and I went on a road trip to Las Vegas to go to the Fall Out Boy concert! It was by far that most amazing concert I've ever been to. Cute is What We Aim For opened, then came Gym Class Heroes, followed by Plain White T's and then FALL OUT BOY (they're my favorite!) performed. It was at the Hard Rock Hotel and there was no seating so everyone was just dancing and singing along. We had SO much fun! (And yes we were surrounded by 15 year old girls but we didn't care.)
Anyway, here are some pictures of our Las Vegas trip. Enjoy (especially you Wit!).
Even the car ride was fun (except when Witters got a speeding ticket). We listened to the above bands over and over, ate treats, talked and laughed. Soon after we got back from our weekend away, Witney met her future husband, Kory and Danny and I stepped it up a notch and got more serious so that was our last crazy single girl trip.
It was a good weekend and I'm glad I have the memories. (Wit remember when like 30 minutes before the show I made you go get new shoes with me because I didn't like the ones I brought and you were furious? Good times!)
I'm happy how far I've come over the past year and where I am now but it's always fun to look back. And those uninhibited shopping trips are sounding pretty nice about now...
2 comments:
Ha, ha! Holy cow, I can't believe that was a year ago! That was so fun! I do remember the shoes! Good thing I forgot about them pretty quick afterwards. I can't believe we both have gotten married since then. Do you remember they didn't let us into the casino because they thought we looked to young? Ha, ha. That was the best Christmas present ever! Thanks
Danielle, you guys are real cute. How exciting you get to build a house. What an exciting time for you. I hope you are doing well, where are you guys living now?
Post a Comment