My wonderful cousin Jess tagged me so here we go:
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I like getting gifts that are wrapped - more anticipation. I'm usually either to lazy or in too big of a hurry to do anything other than stuff the present in a gift bag though.
2. Real tree or artificial tree? Believe it or not I've never had a real tree! Danny has promised me that next year when we're in our house we'll get a real tree. I'm so excited!
3. When do you put up your tree? Well this year we're not setting up a tree because we'll be in Utah for Christmas and we don't really have any decorations in Colorado. Usually though I like to do it the day after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? I'm like Jess - I hate taking down the tree. The house feels so cozy and festive with it up. I usually bite the bullet and take it down the weekend after New Year's.
5. Do you like eggnog? Nope. WAY too rich! Danny's a fan though.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? The Christmas I was in Kindergarten I got a Nintendo. The original with Mario Brothers and Duck Hunt. I was in heaven.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My dad. He's impossible.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yeah, it's one I got in a white elephant gift exchange and it has seen better days. I really want the Willow Tree one though.
10. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? Again, I'm with you on this Jess. My family has never done the whole Christmas card thing and I can't stand the brag letters. I think when I finally have a baby I'll send out a picture or something. I'm pretty sure people aren't too anxious to put up a picture of Danny and I on their fireplace.
11. Favorite Christmas movie? It's a toss up between Christmas Story and Christmas Vacation. Both are absolute classics in my opinion.
12. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Every year I try to get a jump on things but usually I end up doing everything in the two weeks before Christmas.
13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't remember but I'm sure I've regifted a neighbor gift or something to someone I'd forgotten.
14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? I love Christmas food! Rolls, pies, turkey, stuffing, treats, pretty much everything related to the season.
15. Lights on the tree? Heck yeah. That's the best part!
16. Favorite Christmas song? I love pretty much all Christmas music, especially the classics.
17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home, as in home in Utah.
18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, and Blitzen, and Rudolph (I sing the song to remember).
19. Angel on the tree top or a star? Right now, nothing. Again, no tree.
20. Do you open presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? We open one gift on Christmas Eve (usually pajama's except one year they threw us off and inside the pajama box was a note for a treasure hunt to a Ping Pong - so exciting!) and then we open the rest of the presents Christmas morning.
21. The most annoying thing about this time of year? Crowds of grumpy people.
22. Favorite ornament theme and color? I like classic, traditional decorations. Things that remind me of being a kid and all of the excitement that comes with Christmas.
23. Favorite for Christmas dinner? A traditional turkey dinner. Like a repeat of Thanksgiving. Delicious.
24. What do you want for Christmas this year? Umm...my house to be finished and us to be living normally in one state together. I think I'll be getting my Christmas present a little late this year.
25. Favorite Christmas tradition? Having a big Christmas Eve dinner then watching Christmas Story and Christmas Vacation together while putting together our new Christmas puzzle. Usually we all give up after a little bit but every year my determined mother decides to stay up ALL night to finish the puzzle. It kills her to leave it incomplete. Then the whole next day she's exhausted. Yet, she continues to buy nearly impossible puzzles and stays up all night to put them together.
Now I tag Ashley (as in my sister), Audree, Witney, Brittany and Ashley (as in the one I work with)!
3 comments:
Love it!! =] I can totally see your mom doing that!
Haha, I totally remember your nintendo! It was awesome!
haha o mom!!! she is really the most determined puzzle doer... anyway i remember that ping pong table that was the funnest christmas eve ever! ahh good memories. ps are you coming to our house for christmas eve?
Post a Comment