12.01.2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving was great this year. Danny was in town the whole week so we stayed at his parent's house. It felt like we were on a vacation.

We spent the majority of Thanksgiving Day with my dad's side of the family at my wonderful aunt Lisa's house. It was so fun to see everyone since it seems we all get so busy and don't get together often enough. Danny and I were assigned to bring the ice and we did not disappoint. We bought a big bag at 7-11 on our way. We ate TONS of good food (and had nice cold drinks thanks to my ice), laughed and played Rock Band - apparently I do not have a future as a drummer. I also played with my cousins' adorable children (I'm not quite sure what relation that makes them to me? Second cousin? Second cousin once removed? I'm not sure...). Poor Danny had to listen to me try to convince him that it's time to have a baby the whole way home. I mean come on - we've been married two whole months!

Afterward we stopped by Danny's grandparent's house and had more pie and visited with everyone. Good times.

When we got home we diligently studied the Black Friday ads in search of the bargains that would motivate us to get out of bed at some horrendous hour. We didn't really see anything that spectacular so we decided to pass on the 4 am wake up call. Instead we woke up and went shopping at about 8:00. Of course, by then most the things that were on sale were gone. We ended up going to Home Depot, Sam's Club, Target and Kohl's and all we ended up purchasing were some tools at Home Depot using a gift card from our wedding.

After all of our shopping we went to our first annual traditional breakfast at Grannie Annie's in Kaysville. I figured we earned the calories from all of our shopping.


(In my defense I'd like to add that I also ordered a bowl of oatmeal with that gigantic scone covered in honey butter - it just isn't in the picture!)

No comments: