11.15.2008

We're On a Quest!

Danny and I are on a quest...for the perfect cookie dough ice cream!

One of our favorite things to do on the weekend is to curl up with a bowl of ice cream and a movie so it is highly important that we find it.

The ideal cookie dough ice cream has to have LOTS of large, soft cookie dough chunks, small chocolate chunks and a smooth, good flavor of vanilla ice cream.

Our first attempt was some random store brand double churned cookie dough. No good. The vanilla was bland, the chocolate chunks were lacking in flavor and most importantly, there was not nearly enough cookie dough. In fact this particular carton of ice cream forced me to break our number one rules of ice cream: no tunneling for the cookie dough. When Danny opened it up after I'd been in it he found no more cookie dough and just tunnels of vanilla. He wasn't too pleased. Needless to say, the vanilla tunnels were disposed of and our quest continued.

Last night we spent far too much time in the freezer section of the grocery store trying to find the perfect one. Danny even opened a few to peek! We finally settled on the Blue Bunny Super Chunky Cookie Dough. We were sold by the promise of "batter ribbons" folded throughout. With Kung Fu Panda in one hand and our ice cream in the other we were set. However, the Blue Bunny did not live up to its name. Again, not nearly enough cookie dough and this time the cookie dough had been cooked or something so it wasn't even soft. The vanilla part was good - maybe a little rich but better than the other. Oh and the batter ribbons were invisible. Big disappointment.

So we're in search of a perfect, go to brand of cookie dough ice cream. Any suggestions?

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I loved reading this post! I am no ice cream connoisseur so I can't help you out, but your post really made me want some good ice cream like you describe!

Brett & Brittany said...

You've come to the right place. Get the Dryer's "LOADED" cookie dough flavor - there's TONS & TONS of cookie dough! AND - you aren't going to totally consume all of your calories by having a bowl...or two!;} The calories are reasonable, for cookie dough ice cream, and without sacrificing the flavor. Now THAT'S my kinda ice cream! Copy & paste the link I found:

http://www.hungry-girl.com/chew/chewdetails.php?isid=1138

Anonymous said...

I like Haagen Daaz. Enough said. Good luck in your attempt, but I think Brittany might have me beat.

Witter and Kway said...

I've got it!! Get some cookie dough, break it up, then dump it in! I've actually done it before, and it is awesome!! P.S. when you eat it you can actually feel yourself expanding...