11.24.2008

Twilight Premier!

I am a little late in posting this but my friends and I went to the midnight showing of Twilight on Thursday night. (When we booked our tickets I don't think any of us realized it was a Thursday night and we all had to work on Friday.)

Audree, Witney and I met for dinner at 9:00. We ate quickly and got to the theater at 10:00 where we met up with Ashlee. There was a HUGE line outside but fortunately when we got there they started letting people in so we didn't have to stand in the line too long.


Unfortunately, we didn't get there as early as the die hards (Some people were there at 11:00 in the morning! Crazy!) so we ended up having to sit in like the fifth row. My neck hurt the whole next day.


The movie was good. They did a really good job sticking to the book. There were some parts that I thought were cheesy but I guess there are parts of the book that are pretty dang cheesy too. The acting was definitely not Emmy material but what can you expect? However, we all agreed that Edward definitely started to grow on us. We were all surprised because going into it we were quite disappointed in the casting.

I didn't get home until after 3:00 and was about two hours late for work the next day and was pretty much worthless the few hours I was actually there. Fortunately my boss has a wife and daughters who've read the books so he was sympathetic.

Overall it was a great night and I had a blast hanging out with my friends!

No comments: