10.21.2008

Keystone, Colorado

Danny and I spent this past weekend at Keystone, Colorado (it's a lot like Park City only smaller). One of the guys he works with let us use his cabin for the weekend as his wedding gift to us.

We spent the weekend fly fishing (Danny), reading (mostly me), hiking, sleeping, eating and basically just enjoying being outdoors.

I absolutely love this time of year with the colored leaves and crisp air so it was nice to get out and enjoy it. It won't be long before I go into my winter hibernation mode so it was good to get one last breath of fresh air.

I have no idea where the cord is for my camera so here's a stock image of where we were. It was beautiful. Once I find it I'll post some pictures of Danny fishing. He was so happy each time he caught a fish. I, on the other hand, was so sad because I felt bad for the fish. I'm weird I know. Once he'd let them go (catch & release) I'd stay and watch them to make sure they could swim away okay. (If you think that's bad - how about the time I took a mouse to the vet after my cat had attacked it?) I probaby need therapy.


1 comment:

Jessica said...

I love this time of year too. I'm sure its just beautiful there. Well I remember up at the Powell reunion catching minnows from Lake Cleveland and bringing them back to the campsite. Remember when we thought one died so we gave it a proper burial and brought Grandma to see and the ground was flopping with the undead fish? Hahaha oh I'm cracking up right now just thinking about it. Maybe that scarred you for life.