8.25.2008

Take Me Out to the Ball Game

Thursday night Danny flew into town and we decided to go the Bees game. It was a beautiful, summer night so it was fun to sit out and enjoy a game. Our seats (courtesy of my work) are on the front row right above the dug out so it's a great view and you can usually manage to get some free stuff that they're throwing from the field.

This particular night they were throwing "Geek Squad" t-shirts. Size XL. (A very desirable item - don't ya think?) The guy sitting to the left of us was screaming and waving his arms like a mad man when they started throwing the shirts. So they throw one toward him and miss so it lands in the stairway directly to my right. I stood up to go get it with the intention of giving it to this guy and then came back and sat down.

Except my chair was no longer there. I forgot the stadium has fold up seats. Duh. So I fell completely down. To make matters worse everyone was watching because their eyes autmatically went to where the shirt had landed. So embarassing. Danny helped me up and I just hurried and sat down normally - and tried to hide my bright red face. When I looked up I saw that the players had been looking up from the dugout and were all laughing along with everyone else who'd seen. Nice. Then I went to hand the guy his stupid shirt but a lady behind me told me to keep it because I had earned it. I love that people thought I wanted a XL Geek Squad shirt enough to dive for it.

So I decided to get a quick picture (notice how red my face still is) and then I gave the shirt to the guy.

2 comments:

Kylee said...

Moments like that are an honest testament that we are related. :D

Brett & Brittany said...

Do you think it would be alright if I just hung around you & Danny just so I could be there to witness moments like these you have...often!? Its been awhile since I've had a really good laugh and I think your just the ticket!