8.27.2008

Park City Weekend

There is one weekend a year that makes everything at work worth it - the board retreat. We stay at Hotel Park City and spend the weekend getting spa treatments, eating at nice restaurants, going to Park City Mountain Resort and basically just living a life of luxury - all on someone else's dime.

This year Danny was able to go with me. (Don't worry Dad, my work was generous enough to pay for two rooms so we didn't actually stay together.)



Friday night we ate dinner out on a patio at the hotel. As we were sitting there eating, President Uchtdorf walked by. I'm pretty sure he was up there with his family. Danny, being a lot braver than I am, decided to take us over to shake his hand. It was really neat. He sat and talked with us for a little bit about the wedding. Oh and he got a kick out of the "Danny and Danielle" thing.

After dinner Danny and I drove around Park City a little. I'm on crossword puzzle kick so he stopped at store and picked me up a book of them. Then we went back to the room and did puzzles. I've never laughed so hard. How amazingly cool do we sound? But really, despite all that we did over the weekend, that was one of my favorites parts.

Then Saturday we spent the afternoon riding the Zip Line, Alpine Slide and Alpine Coaster. So fun! Danny and I ended up going on the coaster three times - I seriously could not get enough!


Saturday night we ate dinner at Ruths Chris Steakhouse with two other couples from my work. The food was delicious and I ate way too much. I thought I'd have to be rolled out of that place.

Sunday morning was the most perfect morning ever. I slept in. Then Danny and I ordered room service and ate French toast (my favorite) and berries out on the balcony of his room. Then we went down to the spa where I got a facial and Danny got a massage. Now I just need to figure out how to make my millions so every morning can be like that.

It was a great weekend.

3 comments:

Mel Sims said...

Oh. my. heck!! What an amazing weekend! I can't even imagine....

And how cool to see Pres. Uchdorf (sp?). He is awesome.

Glad you guys had so much fun! Next time make sure they know you have a cousin....=]

Brett & Brittany said...

You are so gorgeous!

Witter and Kway said...

Hey, you had more fun with me there, huh? Ha, ha. Just kidding!