8.03.2008

Breaking Dawn Release Party

Friday night I went with a bunch of my friends from work to the Breaking Dawn release party at Barnes and Noble.

We started the night by going to dinner at Johnny Carino's. We were all wearing matching "Team Edward" shirts and got lots of comments from people. There were several other tables of Twilight fans and when they saw us they'd cheer. It was pretty funny.

(Kaitlin, Lin, Jenn, Chelsea, Courtney, Ashley, Me, Erin)

We then had an hour or so to kill so we camped out on a blanket on the grass by Barnes and Noble. We all started sharing our crazy work stories. It was hilarious.

(Story time. I'm loving all of the red "Team Edward" shirts!)

(Ashley and I chillin on the lawn.)

Then at 10:00 the party started. It was CRAZY inside. There were a few times I questioned my sanity of being there. The theme for the party was Edward and Bella's reception and they had a contest for the best dressed bridesmaid. I wish I would have taken more picture of some of the people there - let's just say they really came out of the woodwork.

(Erin and I - we were trying to capture the chaos in the background but you can't really see anything.)

As midnight approached we got ready for them to start handing out the books. Everyone was going crazy. I felt like I was in the middle of a an angry mob except it was crazy women and preteens desperate to reunite with Edward.

Fortunately we were in one of the first groups to get a book. One of the girls I went with got in line that morning at 6:30 to get a wristband! There were others there who weren't even guaranteed a book since they didn't go in the morning. It was nuts! We heard it was even more crazy and crowded than it was for the Harry Potter books.

After we got the books everyone said a quick good-bye and rushed home to read. It was a really fun night and I'm definitely looking forward to reading the book!

(Why do I think I need to squat in pictures? I need to get it into my head that I am not tall and posing like that just makes it even more apparent.)

1 comment:

Kensie said...

Danielle, I can't believe you got that book before me. It's not fiar. I didn't get to even see it until like a week and a half after it came out.