7.27.2008

Flaming Gorge

For Pioneer Day weekend we had our annual Cook (my mom's side of the family) trip to Flaming Gorge. Her family is huge. She comes from a family of eight and they are all married with kids of their own. So when we ascend on a beach we pretty much create a city - there are 7 tents, 3 trailers, 1 boat, 4 jet skis, 1 row boat, 1 kayak and 8 four wheelers. I feel bad for people who end up camping next to us.

I absolutely love boating so this trip is heaven for me. We spent the days water skiing, wake-boarding, boating, jet skiing, four wheeling and swimming.


New this year was one of these:


It may look innocent but it was crazy. I went on it with my mom and sister and I don't think we knew what we were in for. I am still sore from that ride.

And of course the kids caught lizards and kept them as pets. I used to that when I was little so it brings back all sorts of fun memories.

In this picture the lizard had crawled under Lexi's life jacket and Jake was trying to talk it into coming out. I took a picture but I wish I captured it on video. It was hilarious.

And of course we got our annual matching t-shirts. Every year it seems like there are extras so I have several of these. If you'd like to borrow one let me know.


The other highlight of the trip was Lexi - she is my cute cousin who is four. Here is a list of some of the funny things she said while we were there:
  • She's going to be a flower girl in the wedding and is very excited about the whole thing. She let my sister, Ashley know that she wasn't going to get to wear a ribbon on her dress and she probably wasn't "in it."
  • She is very concerned about getting me a wedding present and let me know that she'd take care of picking it out and that it would probably be a big puffy dress -she knows me well.
  • She told me to call her when it was time for the wedding so she could just follow me there because her mom didn't know how to get there.
  • She told me that she pees in the lake and that "people think I'm just sitting there for fun but they're wrong." Then she told me she did that while we were swimming. Nice.
  • There was a boy up there who she thought was cute (he was about 10 years older than her). She told me she might "accidentally choose him to get married with." (Do you think she has weddings on her mind much?)
Anyway, I just think she's such a doll! I hope when I have kids they are as cute as her.

Overall it was a great trip. I love spending time with family and I love boating so it's always a good time.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

How fun! That reminds me of the days we used to go there or Powell as a big Spiers family. Why don't we do that anymore? Remember when you tried to catch a lizard and its tail fell off and danced around and we freaked? Hahaha. So many good memories...we should really push for everyone to go again! :)