7.21.2008

I {heart} NYC!

A couple of weeks ago I had the opportunity to go visit Anne in New York. It was a blast!

The first day was basically full of eating. Especially deserts. But we definitely earned it because we walked a TON.

Our first stop was Serendipity (the restaurant from the movie) where we had their famous frozen hot chocolate.

This is us reading the GIGANTIC menu:


We then went over to Dylan's Candy Bar. That place is heaven for candy lovers. Everything inside is made of candy. I loved it!

For dinner we went to Max Brennars. This place is made for the chocolate lover. There were huge vats of melted chocolate and "chocolate pipes" running all through the restaurant.

Of course I did a lot more in New York than just eat.

On Friday morning we went to the Today Show. They were doing their Summer Concert Series so we saw Rhianna. The only down side was that in order to get there in time we had to wake up at 4:30 New York time which was 2:30 my time! I was so tired but it was worth it.

Then Friday night we went and saw WICKED! I LOVED it! We spent a small fortune on the tickets but they were worth every penny. I'd read on pretty much everyone's blog that it was the greatest thing ever. I sort of just thought people were just saying that because that's what everyone else said. But seriously, I'm already trying to figure out when and where to see it again. I know it's coming to Salt Lake next year but I have a feeling tickets will be really hard to come by.


After Wicked we walked through Times Square.

Saturday we went to the Yankees game. I'll be honest, neither one of us are huge baseball fans but Anne had tickets that her parents gave her so we went. It actually turned out to be a lot of fun. It was neat to see the famous stadium in its last season.



We purchased the world's most expensive hot dogs. They weren't the world's greatest hot dogs but it's all part of the experience, right?




We also went to the Shake Shack in Madison Square Park. We had both heard wonderful things about it and wanted to try it. The only problem was that neither of us (well of course not me) knew exactly where it was so we wandered around New York for a while to find it. When we did the line was extremely long but it was worth the wait. Delicious!


We also stopped by Central Park. Anne was in charge of finding someone to take our picture (you know how that can be) and saw a couple walking with a strange man toward us. She started to ask them and I pulled her back because he looked so weird. Too late. The couple took our picture and their strange friend insisted on being in all of our pictures. And yes he is holding Anne's hand. He even gave her his email address.


And of course, anyone who knows me knows that the main attraction of the trip was the SHOPPING! The shopping was incredible. I drug poor Anne around to every store in every area in New York. I'm pretty sure she never wants to see the inside of an H&M again.

This picture doesn't even show half of my shopping bags! I went a little crazy.

Other highlights of my trip were subway rides, Pinkberry, Canal Street, Rockefeller Center, Soho and 5th Avenue.

I loved New York and would love to go back again soon. Thanks so much Anne for letting me come stay with you! You were a fabulous host and tour guide!

3 comments:

Witter and Kway said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Krista and Aaron said...

Looks like fun! Congrats on the engagement too!

Anonymous said...

That trip looks like so much fun! I miss hanging out with you. Hopefully now that Wit is home and with you getting married soon, we'll be able to spend a lot more time together. I've got to have to all come over soon to the new house. Our closing is FRIDAY!!!