10.24.2013

kate six months

Holy moly my little Kate bug is six months! That went fast. I love her so much and I honestly can't even imagine life without her.

We're all having so much watching this little girl grow and learn. We all get so excited when she learns something new. When it was time to introduce her to solids it was a whole family affair. Ella had fun feeding her sister but wasn't a fan of how messy she got.

 Since her first introduction she has tried and loved basically everything. She's our little eater!

She's great at sitting up (she doesn't really need the boppy) and loves to play with toys. Ella is great at keeping her entertained and constantly bringing her new toys.

She has also mastered the art of rolling over to get to where she wants.
She is getting so strong and can hold up her upper body like a champ.

She has also hit one of the milestones that I love the most...she can sit up in a grocery cart! I despise lugging the giant carseat around and having to navigate my cart with it in the front. Shopping is suddenly so much easier! She is such a fun little turkey to shop with and listen to her squealing and babbling as we walk around.
She loves to look at books! When we read books as a family at bedtime Kate loves to hold her own board book and turn the pages.
Bath time fun. She loves to have baths and splash in the water.



A few more things I want to remember about Kate at this age:
  • She has one volume - loud! She loves to talk and when she talks it is basically an ear piercing squeal. She has the biggest grin on her face while she does it like she is so proud that she is able to make that big noise on her own.
  • She is a great little eater and loves everything she's tried.
  • She has the sweetest little personality and smiles at everyone she sees. She is basically always smiling.
  • She is so curious and loves to grab and examine anything and everything around her. 
  • She went from being a great sleeper to a terrible sleeper so we're working on that. Her naps are pretty good in the day but the nights are a disaster! She's up two or three times a night but we're working to put an end to that. 
We love her so much and are so grateful to have her in our family. I love watching her interact with us and with Ella. She is a sweetheart and I feel so blessed to be her mom. 

No comments: