On June 2nd we blessed our little Kate Bug. The poor little girl got her shots on the Friday before so she was not a happy camper all weekend. Poor planning on my part.
But despite feeling yucky we had a great day. Kate did great and was quiet while Danny gave her the blessing. I was really nervous she was going to cry all through it. Danny gave her one of the most incredible blessings I've ever heard. As her mom I of course got teary-eyed but I also heard from several people that they did too. People came up to me for days afterward telling me how great her blessing was. She's a lucky girl to have a Daddy who loves her so much and can give her blessings throughout her life. A couple highlights that stood out to me were that he blessed her to have good friends and to be a leader, that he blessed her to know that no matter what happens in life that her parents love her and that Heavenly Father always loves her and that she can come to us and talk about anything and she can also turn to her Heavenly Father.
After the meeting we had a huge party at our house. I was going to take a picture of the set up but I had to go feed Kate and by the time I came out it was all eaten. I should've assigned someone else to snap one. Oh well. We set up a big white shade tent and inside we had a table with the making for fruit and yogurt parfaits, bagels, muffins, fruits, cinnamon rolls etc. On the end table we had a punch bowl of lemon water, milk, juice and of course I had to spruce it up with a big picture of Kate and bunch of fresh flowers.
Our little family. Poor Kate was certainly not in the mood for pictures.
Kate's grandparents and great grandparents.
A bunch (but not all!) of my mom's side of the family. We were so grateful that so many people came to support us. I should've taken a picture of everyone spread out on the grass but, unfortunately picture taking wasn't really on my mind. It was amazing how many people we had there!
It was a beautiful day! We are so grateful for our little growing family!
No comments:
Post a Comment