She's growing like a weed. I looked back at Ella's stats and she's about 4 ounces bigger and a half an inch longer than her sister was at this age. She definitely feels more solid.
Her first bath at home. She wasn't a fan of being naked but she really loved having her hair washed. So relaxing.
She is so lucky to have a big sister who loves her so much. Ella is great at talking to her, singing her songs and reading her stories.
And much to our surprise it's looking like little Kate is going to have blue eyes! I never dreamed I'd have a blue-eyed baby. I may be biased but I think she's absolutely beautiful.
We "celebrated" her one month birthday by going as a family to Lagoon. I'm sure Kate loved it.
My little doll.
She's such a joy to have in our home. The first little bit was rough because she had acid reflux which made her miserable. And that in turn sort of made us all a little miserable.
At first I didn't know what was wrong. I just knew that she was fussy and fidgety. Especially after she ate. Luckily my good friend Witney came by to see her when she was about 2 weeks old and after holding her for just a short time asked if I'd talked to the doctor about acid reflux. I made an appointment for the next day, took her in and got her on medication. Once we got her on the right medicine and gave it enough time to get in her system she was a whole new baby. So happy and content. It breaks my heart that she was suffering and I'm SO grateful that Witney cam by when she did so we were able to get it taken care of us early as we did.
Right now she loves her swing and us holding her and bouncing on the exercise ball. Those are both pretty sure fire ways to get her to sleep in 5 minutes or less. Except for the occasional middle of the night party she loves to have where she is wide awake (not crying) and just interested in hanging out.
And in true Hafen girl form she is not the least bit interested in a binky or bottle. Seriously what is with my girls? The binky I don't mind at all. She doesn't need it and it's one less thing to worry about later. The bottle on the other hand? I'm not giving that one up without a fight. I've researched different bottle types and we just got a new one that I'm hoping she'll learn to like. I just really like/want/need the freedom that comes from being able to leave her with a babysitter for a couple of hours.



No comments:
Post a Comment