2.16.2013

valentine's day

We had fun celebrating Valentine's Day this year.

A couple weeks before Valentine's Day for FHE, we all wrote things we love about each other on hearts and "heart attacked" our back doors. Ella even drew pictures and told us what they meant. Some of my favorites: "Daddy's horsey rides." "Mommy make me dinner."

I decided to surprise my candy-loving husband with the 14 days of Valentines. Each day I hid a little treat and note. He loved it.
For another FHE, we decorated sugar cookies to give to our families. Ella really got into the decorating and made some masterpieces. They were almost too pretty to eat!






On Valentine's day I got these two amazing cards. Danny surprised me with a little weekend get away. Our last one before Baby #2 arrives!
Ella got a couple of little toys. She loved her little Cinderella doll. After opening her, she just sat her on the chair and talked with her. So cute.
Although I'm not a big fan of the whole commercialized holiday aspect of Valentine's Day, I do love having a month to focus on those you love and letting them know how important they are.

I certainly love my little family!

No comments: