12.26.2010

4 months


Our little Ella is 4 months old! I say it every month, but I can't believe how fast the time flies! Four months of pregnancy is an eternity, but the four months we've had Ella in our family have flown by! She is an absolute delight and just gets more and more fun. She is such a happy little girl and smiles and laughs at anyone and everyone who gives her attention. Lucky for her, she is usually the center of attention wherever she goes. In fact, today at church, she was squealing and talking to everyone around us. Not very reverent but very cute. 

Her stats at four months are:

Height - 24 inches (37%)
Weight - 12 lbs 2 ozs (16%)
Head - 16 inches (39%)

She's a petite little thing.

 
I decided to have a little photo shoot with her one day because I thought she looked so cute in her outfit. I propped her up on a pillow and she struck a pose...
but then she took it to the next level and decided to show some skin. We'll have to have a lesson on modesty...

This picture was taken right after she had just rolled over. She was a little surprised to suddenly be on her tummy.
One of my very most favorite things to do in the world is to cuddle up with Ella and take a nap. It is so peaceful listening to her breath and holding her close. I love her.


Our little polar bear. 
Thanksgiving was a lot of fun with Ella. We went to Danny's grandma's earlier in the day and that evening had dinner at my parents. My mom didn't want Ella to feel left out so she got to enjoy dinner sitting in her Bumbo as the centerpiece.
We also had our ward Christmas party and lucky for us, Santa came so Ella got a picture with him. I'm a slacker and never took her to the mall for an official Santa picture so this one will have to do. Maybe next year...
This month Ella has mastered some new tricks. She is now able to grab things that she wants and then put them in her mouth for a little taste. As I mentioned earlier, she has also learned to roll over! She has also found her voice and loves to "talk" and squeal. She also loves to sing and will sing along when we sing to her. It's an adorable, single note little tune.

During the past month she also encountered her first cold which was not fun at all. It was heartbreaking listening to her try to eat with a stuffy nose and not being able to breathe. Luckily it didn't turn into anything more serious. Hopefully we'll be able to all stay healthy the next few months. 

I love being a mom and getting to hang out with my little buddy all day. It's so fun looking at the world through her eyes and watching her experience new things. I want time to slow down so she can stay my little baby.

3 comments:

jenn said...

Such a doll. I love her little hat. So cute.

Ashley and Chris said...

Ella has the funniest facial expressions! ps that was the best thanksgiving ever.

Bri * said...

I cant believe how big she is getting she is so adorable!!