12.02.2010

3 months


Holy cow. My baby is already 3 months old! All of the sudden this past month she has become a baby instead of an newborn. I love watching her sweet personality develop. She is so quick to smile at everyone and has the cutest little grin. When someone smiles at her she gives them a huge cheesy smile and then quickly turns her head and buries her face into whoever is holding her. I love it.
She LOVES to chew on her fists. She has the unique talent of being able to fit her whole fist into her mouth. Her dad and I are very proud. Apparently fists are much better than binkies.
Her cute little "piggies." Danny's sister Jill painted them while they were tending. I was surprised to see cute pink toes when I changed her into her jammies that night!

She has only accepted a binky a handful of times so I had to capture the rare occasion on film. She looks so snuggly in her Polar Bear suit.
She absolutely loves sitting in her bumbo. This little girl does not like laying down so being able to sit up by herself to play with toys is the best! She has gotten really good at being able to reach and grab the toy she wants and then bring it up to her mouth for a little taste.

Some other fun things about little Miss Ella at 3 months:
  • She has many nicknames - Lu Lu, Luberry, Ella bell...to name a few.
  • Like I said before she doesn't like to lay down. When we're holding her,  she prefers to stand up and look around. Danny and I love how her little neck pokes around as she checks out the world.
  • She is a big time people person! If I lay her down alone to play she only lasts a few minutes until she is yelling (not crying just yelling) for someone to come play with her. Then as soon as someone comes by and gives her attention she is all smiles and coos and laughs. She's lucky she has so many people around who love her and are willing to play with her nonstop!
  • She has become a good little sleeper, usually only waking up once at night. There are some nights where she wakes up more often but for the most part she's really good. This makes for one happy mommy.
  • Her favorite way to be put to sleep is by me holding her and bouncing on a yoga ball. She also really enjoys being sung to (she's too young to know what an awful singer her mom is).  I love seeing her smile and look up at me while she drifts off to sleep.
  • She loves to giggle and laugh. And I love to hear her. She has a ticklish tummy and we can get some loud, belly laughs by kissing and blowing on her tummy.
  • She loves to look at books and be read to. If she's squirmy or fussy I can open up one of her favorite board books and she becomes enthralled with listening to my funny voices and looking at the pictures. I'm really hoping she's going to be a bookworm like her mom. 
Watching her grow up is bittersweet.  I love watching her grow and learn new things but it is sad to leave each phase behind.  I procrastinated putting her newborn clothes into storage because it makes me sad that she has already outgrown that stage. But I am more in love with her than ever and am looking forward to all the fun times ahead! She is an absolute delight in our lives and I feel very lucky to have her.

2 comments:

Kristy and Dave said...

Oh I could just eat her up - she is sooo cute! I hope I get to see her when we're up for Christmas...

Bri * said...

Oh my goodness she is so beautiful!
I think i need to come over and play with her ha ha