9.19.2010

one month

Our little Ella is already one month old!

We attempted to get her measurements, I'm pretty sure they aren't completely accurate, but according to us she is 9 lbs 4 ozs and 21 inches long. She definitely feels bigger and her cute little cheeks are filling in. She is getting stronger and is able to hold her head up really well. She is looking more and more like a baby instead of a newborn.

We're loving this age - she's learned to smile at us and it makes all of the sleepless nights worth it when I see her cute toothless grin. She loves when we sing songs to her and tickle her face.







She's still sleeping in about 3 hour stretches. There have been a few times when she's gone longer but those nights are more of the exception than the rule. My body is adjusting though so I don't feel quite as exhausted as I did in the beginning. But I'm still very tired. One thing that is helping is that she has started to accept a bottle, so on weekends, Danny takes over the 2:00 am feeding so I can sleep a full 6 hours stretch.

Danny went on an all boy camping trip over Labor Day and while he was away, Ella and I went up to my parents to stay. Ella did great on her very first sleepover. And I did even better - my parents very generously offered to give her bottle all night and let me sleep from 10 - 7 for three nights in a row! It was a very needed rejuvenating weekend! We also went on Ella's first shopping trip to the mall. One thing I did learn that weekend, however, was that Fiber One bars and breastfeeding don't mix - we had a very gassy baby for a few days.

We love our little Ella.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One month already crazy how fast time goes by!! She is so cute!!

Jeff and Ali said...

She is absolutely adorable! She is growing up so fast! I can't believe how much she looks like you Danielle.

Ashley said...

Danielle those are the cutest darn pictures of your sweetheart. What an adorable little thing. So happy for you!