If not, I highly recommend doing so. Danny and I loved it. A big thanks to my lovely sister, Ashley for telling me about it and lending us her copy.I started reading it Sunday afternoon and after a few chapters I could tell that not only was I going to really enjoy it, but Danny would really like it as well. I gave him a synopsis of what the book was about and he seemed intrigued. When he came in later for an update I told him he really should read the book himself. He started reading that evening (keep in mind we only had one copy so he picked it up when I took a break) and couldn't put it down. I very generously decided to let him keep reading until he caught up with me. I was on page 200.
He read until 1:00 in the morning, leaving me in the dust.
We were both hooked.
Danny kindly offered to just hurry and finish it so that I could read it. Yeah right. It was obvious that neither one of us wanted to wait for the other, so after I caught up to him, we sat, side by side and read it together until we finished. Not out loud though because that would slow us down. And when I had to take a bathroom break (have I mentioned I'm pregnant?) I took the book with me so he wouldn't sneak ahead.
So yeah, we're big nerds. But the book is really that good.
I have to admit, I loved having Danny right there with me through the book. There were a couple of times we'd pause and ask the other a question or react together when something surprising or tense happened and it made the story that much more fun.
I just picked up the second book of the trilogy, Catching Fire, (I didn't put the link to that book because the two sentence synopsis gives away the ending to the first book so do not read it until you've finished the first book!) today at lunch. I only got one copy.
So, if you're looking for a good book to read, add this to your list. And maybe recruit your husband/significant other to join you.
3 comments:
umm did you know that i have the second one... you didn't need to buy it (well chris has the second, but that pretty much means i own it, right?)
I just got done reading both of those books, too! I loved them! Now I can't wait until August for the last one to come out!
Well first, congratulations on having a baby girl!!!! That is so exciting! I just can't wait to meet that little darling. Second, I can't wait to read this book! I've heard so much about it and I've been on the waiting list at the library. Its finally ready for me! That is so fun you guys read it together...I'll have to get Randon in on the fun.
Post a Comment