Our initial plan was to load up all of my stuff that has been stored in my grandma's basement for the last few years, drive it to Kaysville and then unload it Saturday morning. Danny and I left work early on Friday, drove down to Orem to get the truck and with the help of a few guys from my grandma's greenhouse we loaded everything in. It went much quicker than I thought it would so Danny made a few phone calls and had his brothers meet us at our house that evening to unload.
Danny did a great job of driving the big truck. He loved it and said that he wouldn't mind driving one all the time. (He also says that he wants a gigantic tractor every time we drive by one...there may be some farm life in my future...)

We repeated that process at both my parent's house and Danny's parent's house. That's what we get for having our stuff stored all across the Wasatch Front. Finally we had everything in our house.
Home sweet home.



We are obviously still getting settled in. Fortunately, it looks a little bit better now that we've been there a few days. We've unpacked pretty much all of the boxes, set up and arranged the furniture, bought and hung some mirrors in the bathrooms and even had shutters installed on the windows. It starting to feel more and more like home. After 7 months of being married I'm loving finally having a place of our own with both of us living in the same state!
10 comments:
Well, ya, I'd say it's about time! =] Your home is beautiful! I'm so happy for you guys. Enjoy re-discovering all your stuff. =]
I'm so excited for you guys. I can't wait to see pictures of everything in place and decorated like I know you've been dreaming of!
Yay about moving into your new house.. Packing and unpack suck!!!! I am not looking forward to that part of moving lol..
Congrats! I would love to see it, I bet it is gorgeous! Especially with your little homemaker touches you will add!
Hooray! I'm so happy for you two. Your house looks just beautiful, I absolutely love your kitchen island!
Um...that was really Jess, not Cass :)
Your house is SO gorgeous! I'll need to come and see it very soon :) Congrats !!!
I LOVE your kitchen...those look just like the cabinets that we want SOME DAY! Congrats on getting all moved in! I would love to see more pics after you get it all decked out!
Okay you do not need any advice from me! I love love love your cabinets and granite!
Yeah! That's so exciting. I can't wait to see it!!
Post a Comment