This is the railing that I'm absolutely in love with. When you brush off the inch of dust it looks fabulous. You can also see the slightly "warmish" paint color in the background.
Next is the fireplace with the tile surround. I agonized over what tile to put around it but I'm happy I ultimately ended up going with a dark tile.
And here we have the kitchen tile. Just try to look past the grout residue (he'd just barely finished when we stopped by) and the many footprints. We did the big 20" tiles on a diagonal and the guy who laid it said it was one of the hardest jobs he's done because the tiles were too big for his saw. I felt bad but I'm very pleased with how it turned out. I really wanted to put the same hardwood as is in the entry in the kitchen but we decided against it because 1) it was dang expensive and 2) tile is a little more durable with kids.
I don't think I ever posted a picture of the back of the house so here it is. I'm excited about the covered patio but we have to figure something else out for the steps. Since our house sits up so high they had to put a landing and four steps coming out the back that take up too much room on the patio. I'm thinking of having the steps just go straight out from the house instead of to the side. What do you think? We've talked to the builder and they're just waiting to here from us on what to do.
And finally here's another picture of the front (they still have to paint the garage and front door). The color is a little bit better but it's still hard to see because it's in the shade.

7 comments:
So cute!! I'm so excited for you guys! That tile does look durable for kids....you better get on that!
i was hoping that your fireplace would have a ledge so you could put pictures of me on it, similar to grandma spiers' house. but other than that i love it! sorry i didn't go and see it with you guys
Ash -
Don't worry the mantel just isn't in yet. We'll have plenty of spots to put the 11x14's of you.
I LOVE ur dark tile.. worth the agony. love it.
I can't wait to see the finished product! It looks so good, and it looks like you will have an awesome back yard. I like the idea of just having the steps come from the door for more room on the patio.
Danielle it looks great! I am so excited for you guys to finally be done soon.
P.S. I would have totally taken the 100,000 mile marker picture. The day before I sold the old mustang I had to take an hour long drive in it to say goodbye!
Can I tell you how jealous I am of your house?? It looks like its gonna be sooo cute! Mostly I'm jealous of the location ;) I also checked out your photography blog, you do such a good job!! Really, I love them all!
Post a Comment