We spent Christmas Eve with my family. My dad made a delicious prime rib dinner and then we watched Christmas Story and Christmas Vacation.
Danny and I exchanged our gifts to each other on Christmas Eve. I think we were both pleasantly surprised with our gifts to each other. I got Danny a GPS for his car and Danny spoiled me with Maui Jim sunglasses and told me that I'd have to wait to open the others until Christmas morning.
Afterward we went to Danny's parent's house where we read a Christmas book and sat around and talked until two in the morning. When it was finally time to go to sleep Jill, Danny's 12 year old sister decided to sleep on the floor in our bedroom to "make things more festive."
Christmas morning Jill woke up early and was excited to open presents. Unfortunately, her brothers were not as excited. She spent an hour trying to get everyone out of bed. When everyone was finally awake they decided they wanted to have breakfast first. Poor Jill was dying of excitement waiting for everyone to be ready.
We then traveled to Provo to spend time with my mom's side of the family. There's only one word to describe the festivities there: chaos. My grandma prepared a huge Christmas meal and we ate, opened presents and hung out. It's fun to see all of my little cousins get so excited about everything.
Then we traveled back north to Danny's grandparents house where there was more food, chaos, family and fun.
By the end of the day we were tired, stuffed and happy.
It was a good day. We're excited to be in our house next year and to start some of our own traditions.
3 comments:
Hey now, I think I saw some mighty fine pajamas in one of those photos. Maybe polka dotted...:) I love them! I'm glad you guys had a good Christmas!
How fun to get a snow board! I can't wait to read about your first adventure on the mountain. =] Love you cous!
Sounds like you had a good christams. That is great. You deserve to be spoiled by danny! Danille I am sorry to hear about your grandma, I know your sick of hearing about that. I just buried my grandpa a few months ago and it was way harder than I ever thought it would be. IT's a good thing, we know their in better places, but just hard to say goodbye until we see them again. Thank heavens for this gospel and the HOPE it brings us in times like this. you are a very strong person, and I am sorry you had to go through that, part of like I guess they say. Glad to see your doing ok! Love ya girl
Post a Comment