9.25.2008

We're Now Counting Down the Hours

I am getting married tomorrow.

Right now I am getting a pedicure in my final preparations (the place I go to has laptops at all of the chairs - sweet, huh?). I spent the morning packing for our honeymoon and helping my mom with other last minute things for the reception. I seriously can't believe that after counting down the days for months, the big day is tomorrow!

I am very excited. I am excited that I get to spend my life with Danny. I am excited to see my family and friends tomorrow. I am excited to see the final results of all of our planning at the reception. I am excited to get all dressed up. I am excited to go on our honeymoon. I am excited for our adventures in Denver.

I am also feeling a little nervous. I'm nervous that I'm getting married tomorrw, not because I'm marrying Danny but because I'm getting married period. I'm nervous that my hair, makeup, etc. won't work out. I'm nervous that something will go wrong at the reception. I'm nervous that I'll forget something.

Last night I had a nightmare that I'd sent out all of the invitations with the wrong date and we were scrambling at the last minute trying to call people and tell them when it really was. The doesn't sound so bad but I woke up so stressed out and couldn't go back to sleep even though it was only 7:00 on my day off.

And finally, just because we didn't have enough going on this week, Danny and I signed some papers and purchased a house last night. I know, we're completely insane. We're actually going to be building which sounds a little crazy in this market but we found a builder who was "motivated" (and we have an agent who knows how to work some magic) and we got a KILLER deal. It worked out to be just as good of a buy as some of the distressed properties we were looking at except it'll be tailored to us and I absolutely LOVE the location. So we took the plunge. It should be ready for us to move into in six to eight months.

So I'm looking to spending a week just laying on a beach and relaxing. The last few weeks have been crazy to say the least.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait! Everything will be just fine. You will be beatiful. Just some rest and prepare yourselft for the big day and a lifetime with Danny. See you tomorrow love!