5.04.2012

we've been busy

Ella is at such a fun age and keeps me laughing every day. I wish I was better at keeping up with pictures and writing down all the funny things she does every day. Too bad I'm busy chasing after instead.

We still love to go to the Treehouse Museum. We meet our friends there about once a week and it never gets old. Cowgirl Ella riding the horses. 
Jumping on the tramp. We were having some issues with static.
Ella loves wearing my shoes. She is always in my closet clomping around.
Toddler story time at the library.
Ella still loves her babies. We enjoy taking her baby on walks.

Ella got her first hair cut. Bye-bye mullet.
Playing with play dough with her baby. She insisted that I sit the baby up with her to play.
Hanging out with friends on her Mickey chair.
She loves cleaning and is a great little helper. She loves to get out the little hand vacuum while I vacuum with the big one.
We had a little get together with a few of our neighborhood friends and roasted hot dogs and marshmallows. Ella really enjoyed her s'more! She had marshmallow everywhere - her hands, legs, armpit, hair, you name it.

It was a little distressing to be so sticky.
Now that it is warm she absolutely loves playing outside. First thing in the morning she asks for her shoes and to go outside.

This day a spider scampered across the patio. Ella was so excited that she saw "Itsy." She started singing the song and then he disappeared. In this picture she is asking "where did he go?"
She loves playing with her water table. I love that it keeps her so occupied! She will stand and dump and pour water forever. And sometime I even get to sit and enjoy a book while she plays.
She also loves going "bye-bye" in her car.
And finally she still enjoys a little quiet time reading books. She still always wants us to read her Goodnight Moon and Goodnight Gorilla every night before bed. She has them memorized and has specific actions and things she says with each page. I have them memorized as well. Feel free to quiz me on anything on any page. I'm sure Ella and I have pointed to and discussed each thing. She points to the bushes, curtain rods, rugs, everything and asks me what they are.
In addition to keeping busy hanging out with a toddler all day every day I'm also busy with Young Womens. I work with the Beehives and I love it! It's definitely a demanding calling but I feel like I learn so much from the girls and love my time with them. I hope I can raise Ella so she can grow up with the kind of testimonies these girls have.

Danny also is busy with a calling. He's in scouts with the Webelos. The boys adore him!

I can honestly say that I am loving this stage of life. I feel amazingly blessed that I get to stay at home with such a fun little buddy. Being a mom is hard work, no question, the hardest job I've ever had. But I love it and am so grateful for the opportunity.

No comments: