Ella had a wonderful first Christmas (at least I think so)! We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas day bouncing between our families and extended families. It made for some long days but it was worth it to be able to see everyone!
Christmas Eve we spent the day with just our little family and opened our first presents - Christmas jammies. And due to Ella's sleep schedule we opened them, put them on and took the picture at about 4 in the afternoon!
We then headed over to my parents for my dad's traditional prime rib dinner. Delish! We played games and hung out there for a little bit and then were on our way to Danny's parents to talk to Carl who is on his mission in Korea. We stayed there for a little bit and then went home read the Christmas story out of the Bible together and put little Ella to bed.
I was SO excited for Christmas morning! Santa came and brought loads of presents! Even as a sleep deprived new mom I was out of bed early to begin the day.
Ella was so funny opening presents. She was interested in the ripping of paper...more so than whatever was inside. We have video of her squealing in delight about everything (I really wish I could figure out how to load video from our camera).
Here she is examining her new firefly. Notice her cute little reindeer feet. I love it!
Sitting with some of her loot from Santa. Spoiled much? Danny told me to re-wrap some of her stuff and give it to her on first birthday because she got so much and some of it she won't really be able to play with until she is a little older. I may have a gone a little overboard.
After our little family had finished celebrating Christmas morning we went over to Danny's parents. Ella and Grandpa Hafen. Apparently whatever he is telling her is very interesting.
Then it was off to my parents (see I told you we were bouncing around!). Ella was in a very good mood and delighted by all of the attention and presents. She got spoiled!
She loves her pillow pet from Aunt Ashley!
From there we went straight to my grandparents house for lunch and then to Danny's grandparents later for snacks.
Super exhausting day but so fun. I loved spending Christmas with my little bug. It is fun to experience the magic of Christmas with a little one and it'll only get to be more fun as she gets a little older and starts to understand.



3 comments:
i'm so glad that she loves her ladybug!! i thought she would like it because they are so soft!
Ok seriously... and I am NOT just saying this- she is one of the cutest little girls I have EVER seen! She is SO DANG CUTE!!
She is so cute! I love her smile. She should be in a baby gap commercial for sure. Your dad always tells me stuff about her when I see him. I think he really likes being a grandpa.
Post a Comment