But we had her two week doctor appointment last week and here are her stats:
Height: 20.5 inches - 59%
Weight: 7 lbs 14 oz - 35%
Head: 14.25 inches - 56%
We're loving having her in our home. She is obviously eating like a champ and gaining weight. In fact, when she eats, she gulps the milk down so fast it is like she thinks only has 30 seconds to eat. Problem is that eating this way gives the poor things gas. No fun.
She's also getting her sleep schedule down. Last week she was sleeping in three hour stretches at night and would wake up like clock work at 11, 1, 4 and 7 and my body slowly adjusted to this new schedule. The last three nights though, she's cut out the 1 am feeding so I've been able to sleep from 11 to 4. This feels like heaven! Then after she's done eating at 7 am, I bring her back into bed with me and we snuggle and nap until about 10 so I'm slowly starting to feel more rested. There was a night the first week she was home that she up every. single. hour. it was killer (and of course we had family picture the next day so I'm sure we all look just lovely in them).
This week she has started to be much more alert during the day and enjoys looking at her black and white animal book and into the mirror. It's fun to watch her study the cute baby in the mirror - she's fascinated by her.
Other highlights from her first three weeks:
- She loves her daddy is instantly calmed by him.
- She enjoys going on walks with her grandma and grandpa Spiers on the Lagoon trail. She seems to really enjoy being outside.
- She does not like a binky and will not take one.
- She's started taking a bottle and seems to be doing well. I'm loving this because it has given me a little freedom. Yesterday, I was even able go to Target by myself!
- She is extremely well loved and maybe even a little spoiled by everyone in our families. It pays off to be the first grandchild on both sides!
- She makes the funniest facial expressions. They happen so quickly that I haven't caught them on camera but some of them make me laugh out loud. I love it! One of my favorites is a little half smile with a nose crinkle. It'd so adorable.
- She really rarely cries. She sort of grunt/squeaks when she's hungry and if I feed her when she starts showing her hunger singles she's good to go.
And now the fun part, a few pics from the last few weeks. I have many more on my camera that I haven't uploaded yet.
Sleeping in her swing, 4 days old.
Taking a nap with Daddy.
Sweet dreams at 10 days old.
First (sponge) bath at home.
Sweet baby on one week birthday.
Resting on Daddy's lap at 4 days old.
3 comments:
this baby is soo cute.. i think that we should get a video of her just STARING into the mirror. it makes me laugh
Oh my gosh. I love her! She is just so beautiful! That is great to hear you are getting into the swing of things! And at only 3 weeks! You are a pro! I hope you are having lots and lots of fun.
She is seriously, seriously gorgeous - no wonder she stares at herself in the mirror! We can't wait to meet her!
Post a Comment