She went for some adorable owls.
I made some chocolate cupcakes and Danny frosted them while Jill separated the Oreos for the eyes and I cut the cookie side in half for the ears.


Jill took care of separating the banana runts out for the beaks.
Then we put them together. An Oreo with a Jr. Mint in the center for the eyes, a banana runt for a nose and the other half of the Oreo for the ears. The tricky part was creating the feathers out of chocolate frosting but I think we got the hang of it.The final product (I apologize for the crappy pictures, I had a photo shoot scheduled for immediately after we were done making these so I didn't want to pull out my camera and have to switch out memory cards for cupcake pictures.):

Cute Jill with her cupcakes.
Danny "testing" our work.
I took a few of the owls to my primary class the following day and they loved them!
6 comments:
Oh my goodness, those just might be the cutest thing I've ever seen! And how fun for Halloween time!
i didn't get a cupcake... (chris say's "that must have been a hoot" ...get it??)
Those are so cute!
Look what a cute sister in law you are!! Love the owls, they are adorable! Tell Danny Hi for me!
Ugh...where was my invite?! Didn't we just talking about doing this together!!!! ha ha - jk! But we still are going to do cupcakes together soon.
Ok those are so cute!!!
Post a Comment